Friday, October 28, 2016

New Jack Swing mix


For my latest mix I’ve taken a trip back to the New Jack Swing era. This short lived «hybrid genre» has been a huge influence on my musical background. Not just the music itself, but through movies like Juice and Kid N Play’s House Party, it became the sound and style of the late 80s and early 90s.


Tracklist:
Take 6 - Spread Love
Xscape - What Can I Do
Mary J. Blige - Reminice RMX (ft. CL Smooth)
Color Me Bad - I Wanna Sex You Up
Heavy D & The Boyz - Nuttin But Love
LL Cool J - Around The Way Girl
Soul II Soul - Back To Life
Entouch - Too Hype
Aron Hall - Don’t Be Afraid
Jade - Don’t Walk Away
Cameo - I Want It Now
Prince - Slave
Gap Band - All My Love
Jeff Redd - You Called And Told Me
Wreckx-N-Effect - New Jack Swing
Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
Guy - Groove Me
Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
Teddy Riley - Is It Good To You (ft. Tammy Lucas)
Guy - Teddy’s Jam 2
Public Enemy - Fight The Power
Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
Michael Jackson - She Drives Me Wild
Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
Full Force - Ain’t My Type Of Hype
Guy - I Wanna Get With U
Wreckx-N-Effect - Here We Come
Janet Jackson - Alright
Michael Jackson - In The Closet / Jam (ft. Heavy D)
Public Enemy - Can’t Do Nuttin For Ya Man
Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
Silk - Freak Me